The Chapel of San Antonio, located at 1 West Street to Race 10, in its general context began on December 24, 1746, when Don Juan Francisco Garces de Aguilar, son of Captain Don BaltasarGarcés Aguilar Alonso and Inés Tie Vega, a native of San Juan de Ambato, Riobamba jurisdiction (present Republic of Ecuador) made his will in which he gave him some land two blocks wide and two long, on "The Hill" for the construction of the Chapel of San Antonio, in honor of the saint of Padua, to the brotherhood of the Holy.
This church along with the Merced are undoubtedly the two most representative art church and colonial building still existing in this city. In 1997 he was declared a National Monument. In 2008 the roof was restored again and parts from abroad. In this church weddings are very common on Saturdays and Sundays, usually accompanied by collection vehicles.
The Ermita church originally was a thatched building of the early seventeenth century, established near the Rio Cali and dedicated to Our Lady of Solitude and Mr. Cane. This ancient chapel was a building with little architectural value, known only through a painting by Farfan. It was a very simple construction, as are most of the old buildings in the Valle del Cauca. In the earthquake in 1787, the simple church was demolished and she only kept the image of Mr. Cane.
In 1942, he built the church you see today, which is one of the leaders of the architectural landscape of the city of Cali. The present building is a Gothic church in miniature, and is inspired in Ulm, Germany. The new chapel is dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows and the interior retains the old image of the Lord of the cane in the left side altar.
The Pance River is one of the major rivers in Cali. Born in the Farallones de Cali, Pance Peak, which is the highest mountain in the Cordillera Occidental over 4000 meters. He has over 25 miles on West-East flows into the river Jamundi turn Cauca River tributary draining a watershed 89.75 km2. In the initial part its waters are fast, cold and clear, showing low levels of contamination.
The river is one of the major tourist destinations of the people of Cali. From the People Pance to the area known as the Maelstrom there are a number of restaurants and recreational parks.
The Olimpic Stadium Pascual Guerrero and sports complex, were from the fifties to seventies one of the finest sports complexes and modern Latin America, because of that they refer to the city of Cali as the "Sports Capital of America".
The Passover, as its inhabitants usually call their stadium, went along with the now-defunct stadium in the neighborhood Versailles Galilee, where were held the first National Games in 1928 the first 2 stages of importance in the city. Today, he still has great importance for the realization of national and international sporting events.
The Caicedo Plaza is the park or town square, located in the heart of the city. It is the statue of Joaquín de Caicedo and Leather, made in France and placed in 1913. This place went from colonial times to the center point and the place where the big shows were held. Market Square and was European-style park with wrought iron gates which are some photographic memories.